DDay.iCal - an iCalendar class library written in C# and based on the RFC 2445
standard. It parses files in the iCalendar format and provides an
object-oriented interface to iCalendar components: Event, Todo,
TimeZone, Journal, FreeBusy, and Alarm.
Web Development Tools
Firebug - I have been using Firebug for years it really is undoubtedly the best tool for debugging websites in your browser.
- Inspect and edit HTML and CSS on the fly
- Visualize CSS layout
- Monitor network activity
If you don't use Firebug go install it now. You need to use Firefox, there is a lite version that works with other browsers but it doesn't compare to the original version for Firefox.
License: Open Source
Microsoft Ajax Minifier
environments since they typically reduce the size of the file by 30-90%.
HTML document traversing, event handling, animating, and Ajax
interactions for rapid web development. jQuery is designed to change the
jQuery community site
jQuery section in the Juna Blog
- Lightweight footprint
- CSS3 Compliant
- a tool to help the programmer output log statements to a
variety of output targets. log4net is a port of the excellent log4j
framework to the .NET runtime. We have kept the framework similar in
spirit to the original log4j while taking advantage of new features in
the .NET runtime
- Support for multiple frameworks
- Output to multiple logging targets
- Hierarchical logging architecture
- XML Configuration
- Dynamic Configuration
- Logging Context
- Proven architecture
- Modular and extensible design
- High performance with flexibility
iTextSharp - a port of the iText, a free Java-Pdf library that enables dynamic generation of PDF documents.
NHibernate - is great tool to improve your productivity.
NHibernate is a port of Hibernate Core for Java to the .NET Framework.
It handles persisting plain .NET objects to and from an underlying
relational database. Given an XML description of your entities and
relationships, NHibernate automatically generates SQL for loading and
storing the objects. Optionally, you can describe your mapping metadata
with attributes in your source code.
NHibernate community site
NHibernate section in the Juna Blog
- Variety of mappings for collections and dependent objects
- No code generation or required in your build procedure
- The query options - NHibernate addresses both sides of the
problem; not only how to get objects into the database, but also how to
get them out again
- Custom SQL - specify the exact SQL that NHibernate should use to persist your objects.
- Stored procedures are supported on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Support for long-lived persistence contexts, detach/reattach of objects, and takes care of optimistic locking automatically
- Open source - NHibernate is licensed under the LGPL (Lesser GNU Public License)
Lucene.Net - a source code, class-per-class, API-per-API and algorithmic port of the Java Lucene search engine to the C# and .NET platform utilizing Microsoft .NET Framework.
License: Apache Software License
Luke - a handy development and diagnostic tool, which accesses
already existing Lucene indexes and allows you to display and modify
- Browse by document number, or by term
- View documents / copy to clipboard
- Retrieve a ranked list of most frequent terms
- Execute a search, and browse the results
- Analyze search results
- Selectively delete documents from the index
- Reconstruct the original document fields, edit them and re-insert to the index
- Optimize indexes
Visual Studio Add-ons
.NET Reflector - enables you to easily view, navigate, and
search through, the class hierarchies of .NET assemblies, even if you
don't have the code for them. With it, you can decompile and analyze
.NET assemblies in C#, Visual Basic, and IL.
- is a free add-in for Visual Studio that automatically
generates XML documentation comments for C#. Either by using existing
documentation inherited from base classes or implemented interfaces, or
by deducing comments from name and type of e.g. methods, properties or
parameters. GhostDoc is designed to be used with C# code, VB.Net support
License : Can be used free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial purposes.
Resharper - is a productivity tool for .NET developers.
ReSharper provides solution-wide error highlighting on the fly, instant
solutions for found errors, over 30 advanced code refactorings, unit
testing tools, navigation and search features, single-click code
formatting and cleanup, automatic code generation and templates, and
more productivity features for C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, XML, and XAML.
Redmine - a flexible project management web application written using Ruby on Rails framework.
- Multiple projects support
- Flexible role based access control
- Flexible issue tracking system
- Gantt chart and calendar
- News, documents & files management
- Feeds & email notifications
- Per project wiki
- Per project forums
- Time tracking
- Custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects and users
- SCM integration (SVN, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Darcs)
- Issue creation via email
- Multiple LDAP authentication support
- User self-registration support
- Multilanguage support
- Multiple databases support
License: GNU General Public License v2 (GPL)
Web Based Tools
- a useful tool that retrieves a page from your
website and allows you to analyze the HTTP headers. Very useful for
checking if your website is using gzip compression etc...
MxToolbox - a great tool for looking up DNS records and checking your mail servers.